A few years ago, I was walking through a bookstore and a best-seller display caught my eye - Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money that the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
Wow, I thought, that's a seriously confrontational title...
I picked it up and began reading. Ever since then, I've been on a journey of self-discovery and leadership development. My passion is to help you develop your leadership, financial, productivity, and business skills. I don't claim to have any new or revolutionary ideas - I've just consumed a LOT of source material and hope to process and maybe re-present it in such a way that it resonates and can have a positive impact on your life.
I hope you find the content on this site helpful!
I am an inspirational guiding force, using my talents and knowledge to pave the way for future leaders. I actively find those who are seeking more out of life in order to assist them in developing and fulfilling their dreams. The successive realization of my goals depends upon helping others define and reach their own.
I’m a leader and an influencer.
I lead by example and influence with inspiration.
Every day I intentionally grow both physically and mentally;
for a day without progress is a missed opportunity.
I GIVE back and pay forward.
I REACH out to others.
I OWN up to my mistakes, learn what I can,
and then get back up to try again.
In my dictionary, “failure" is an event, “success” is a journey,
and “WOW!” is a verb.
Never can a setback defeat me, so never will complacency take hold of me.
To GROW is to expand life, to stagnate is to begin death.
I will repeat this affirmation every day when I wake up
and again before I go to sleep.
No self-delusion is necessary, for these immutable laws are a part of me,
and I’m privileged to have discovered them.
My 13 Growth Principles
- Why? - I start with "why?" in all that I do. My actions are a deliberate reflection of My Definite Major Purpose.
- Appreciation - I have gratitude for all people, opportunities, and things that impact my life; both positive and negative
- Enthusiasm - I am enthusiastic in all that I do and my energy inspires others to be likewise.
- Listen - I actively listen and am engaged when speaking with others. I remember names and use them often.
- Organized - I am efficient and diligent in my collecting, processing, organizing, reviewing, and doing.
- Smile - I smile continuously and it is contagious to those around me.
- Ask questions - if Socrates and Jesus asked questions to make their point, how could I do better?
- Extra mile - I exceed expectations in every interaction. I never miss an opportunity to excel.
- Lead - I lead by choice and those who choose to follow me are better for their decision to do so.
- Learn - Every person I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him or her.
- One more - I make one more call to prospects, customers, team members, friends, and family.
- Find the seed - I find the seed of opportunity in every setback. I analyze mistakes/failures so that they become the very reason for my inevitable success.
- Love - I greet the day, and every person I meet, with a silent "I love you" that shines through my eyes and my voice.